01 July, 2009

Logos - Automobile Industry - VII

MINI



The year 1956 was a time when the British automakers faced a major slump on the car sales on account of the fuel shortage as a resultant of the Suez Crisis, and the rise of the German Bubble cars. To fight off the fall in the business, Leonard Lord, the then Chairman of the British Motor Corporation approached Alec Issigonis to design a four-seater, BMC-powered small car.

This resulted in the first models of Mini which got launched in 1959 under the brands Austin Se7en and Morris Mini-Minor.


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)

In 1960, John Cooper approached Issigonis with the idea of introducing a high performance variation of the Mini that got rejected, but later in 1961 was agreed upon by George Harriman. Eventually the first Mini Cooper - the Austin Mini Cooper and Morris Mini Cooper - hit the racetracks in 1961.

(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)

The Mini Cooper and Cooper "S" were the sportier versions launched by the company which earned its name as rally cars through the success in Monte Carlo Rally from 1964 to 1967.


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)

(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)

(Source: http://farm4.static.flickr.com)

The success in the motor sport circuit including the Coupe des Dames at the 1962 Monte Carlo Rally led to the creation of a brand name for Mini resulting in Austin Seven tag renamed to Austin Mini.



In 1969 the car came to be known as the "Mini" with the Austin Mini and Morris Mini-Minor identities dropped from its names. This year also saw the introduction of the first Mini logo besides a change in the name of the parent company to British Leyland Motor Corporation. The Leyland badges were sometimes exhibited on the A-panels of the Mini.


The first logo of "Mini"
(Source: www.mini.com)

(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)

The acquisition of the British Rover Group by BMW in 1994 resulted in BMW becoming the owner of Rover, Land Rover, M G Brands as well as to the rights to Austin and Morris. In 1997 under Frank Stephenson, a new prototype combining the classic features of Mini and the modern designs was launched as MINI at the Frankfurt Motor Show.

The huge losses on Rover led to the sale of the M G Rover and Rover brands in 2000 by BMW. The image as a fashion icon created by the car induced BMW to retain the rights to the new MINI which got launched in the year 2001.


The last Mini, a red Cooper Sport which was built in Oct, 2000 was handed out to the British Motor Heritage Trust in Dec, the same year.

Though larger and heavier than the classic Mini, the MINI continues to move through the path of success of Mini.

Some of the Mini badges over the years


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)


(Source: /www.heritagegarage.com)

(Source: http://farm1.static.flickr.com)


(Source: http://farm1.static.flickr.com)



Triumph

(Source: www.wikipedia.org)

A car that rocked the United Kingdom during a point of time, and now hardly seen on the roads, Triumph was set up by Siegfried Bettmann & Moritz Schulte under the name of Bettmann & Co. The company started its operations as a bicycle manufacturer in 1885. In the year 1897, Bettmann & Co. was renamed as the Triumph Cycle Co. Ltd.

Triumph Cycle Co. Ltd
(Source: www.sorenwinslow.com)


(Source: www.scripophily.net)


Triumph shifted its business from bicycle manufacturing to the production of motorcycles by 1902.

Logo of Triumph Motor Cycles
(Source: www.sorenwinslow.com)


Triumph's first entry into the car production was made after the acquisition of the assets of Dawson Car Company under the advice of Claude Holbrook. The Triumph 10/20 was the first car manufactured from 1923 to 1926 by the company which was designed by Arthur Alderson who was aided by Alan Lea and Arthur Sykes, employed by Lea Francis wherein the company paid them royalty for every car manufactured.

The company renamed itself as the Triumph Motor Company in the year 1930.

Logo of Triumph Motor
(Source: www.sorenwinslow.com)


The year 1936 saw an attempt by the company to sell off Triumph bicycle and motorcycle divisions to revive the financially struggling company. The motorcycle business was bought by Jack Sangster leading to the rise of Triumph Engineering Co. Ltd.

Despite winning at the Northern Ireland racing competitions and being a highly ranked British car, the financial turmoil led to the purchase of the company by T.W.Ward. However, the bombing of the Priory Street factory during the World War II in 1940 left the company in ruin.

1944 saw a change in the ownership when the Standard Motor Company took over whatever that was remaining of the company to start a subsidiary in the name 'Triumph Motor Co. (1945) Ltd".

(Source: www.users.bigpond.com)

The sports cars launched around the 1950s portrayed the emblem of Triumph, while the saloons pictured the Standard logo. This was later modified and in 1959 the cars carried the name Standard-Triumph.

(Source: www.commons.wikimedia.org)

The year 1960 saw a change in the ownership when Leyland Motors Ltd bought the company, later renaming it to British Leyland Motor Corporation in 1968.

Triumph Acclaim launched in 1981 in a joint venture with Honda is the last car manufactured under Triumph. In 1984, Triumph name disappeared when Acclaim was replaced by Rover 200, which was a rebadged version of Honda Civic.

When BMW acquired Rover Group in 1994, it became the owner of the Triumph marque. The Standard marque is, however, the property of the British Motor Heritage who has the license to use the Triumph marque where it involves the sale of the spares and support of the existing Triumph cars.

25 comments:

  1. auto mobiles industry logo shows us its growing figure and also shows the importance of this industry.
    thanks
    Buick Bumper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article.
    Many thanks for providing this info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome to pay a quick visit this website and reading the views
    of all colleagues about this paragraph, while I am also
    eager of getting knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been surfing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view,
    if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother suggested I might like this blog. He was entirely right.
    This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make
    your point. You clearly know what youre talking about,
    why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I am so thrilled I found your weblog, I really found you by error,
    while I was looking on Yahoo for something else, Anyways I am
    here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a marvelous post and
    a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more,
    Please do keep up the excellent b.

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoah this blog is fantastic i like studying your posts.
    Stay up the good work! You already know, a
    lot of people are hunting around for this information, you can aid
    them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's equally
    educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The problem is something too few people are speaking intelligently
    about. Now i'm very happy that I stumbled across this during my hunt for something regarding this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there, You have done an excellent job.
    I'll certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.

    I'm confident they'll be benefited from this website.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there I am so thrilled I found your site, I really found
    you by error, while I was browsing on Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would
    just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post
    and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to browse it all
    at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added
    in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more,
    Please do keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good day! This post couldn't be written any better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous
    room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this article to
    him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thanks
    for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous04 May, 2019

    I like the valuable info you supply for your articles.
    I'll bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently.
    I am reasonably certain I'll learn many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the following!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous04 May, 2019

    I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's equally educative and entertaining, and without a doubt,
    you have hit the nail on the head. The problem is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
    Now i'm very happy that I stumbled across this during my
    search for something concerning this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous08 May, 2019

    Hi there, You have done an incredible job.
    I'll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends.

    I'm sure they'll be benefited from this web
    site.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous15 May, 2019

    I like what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and coverage!

    Keep up the terrific works guys I've you guys to our blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous16 May, 2019

    Wow that was strange. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked
    submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted
    to say great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous31 May, 2019

    I got this web page from my pal who told me regarding this site and now
    this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative articles or reviews here.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous01 June, 2019

    This excellent website certainly has all of the information I wanted concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous03 June, 2019

    Howdy I am so grateful I found your weblog, I
    really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Aol
    for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say thanks a
    lot for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also
    love the theme/design), I don't have time to look over it all
    at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the awesome
    work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous07 June, 2019

    Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous10 June, 2019

    Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed
    reading it, you will be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and
    may come back at some point. I want to encourage continue your great job, have a
    nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous14 July, 2019

    Very soon this web page will be famous amid all blog people, due to it's good
    content

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous18 July, 2019

    Hi I am so grateful I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while
    I was searching on Bing for something else, Nonetheless
    I am here now and would just like to say cheers
    for a remarkable post and a all round entertaining blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read it all at the minute but
    I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found
    any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
    In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good
    content as you did, the internet will be a lot more
    useful than ever before.

    ReplyDelete